Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: I honestly don't know how you do it (dressing many dolls)...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Starearedkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2005
    Posts
    617
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you have a lot of dolls. I have 6 AG's and I just spent an hour and a half changing their clothes, styling them and started setting up the Christmas display. I'm so exhausted. I love it but I can't imagine how long it takes some of you to change your dolls clothes!

    -Jordyn

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 26, 2007 10:40 AM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL, I sometimes feel the same way. I have 16 dolls. I change them when I feel like it. That's IT. I never do displays or anything like that. My dolls are there to be fun, not a burden. So, if they wear the same outfit six months in a row, it's not 'cause I don't love them, it's cause I thought they looked good, and didn't need to change [img]smile.gif[/img] 

  3. #3
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just like doing it, and yes, I change them when I feel like it. If I change them for the holidays, I just set aside a time to change them. I have 9 AGs, 8 while Ruthie's traveling, and the 3 Gotz, and it does take time, but I like taking time out with each one of them.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I only have 8 dolls now and even that small number seems overwhelming. Most of the dolls are usually kept in the closet because of space limitations. I only get out the ones that have "stories" to do. But sometimes I'll dress up just one doll and have her standing by my computer for a couple weeks. I'm on the Six Month Changing Plan also.

    Julia

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have 11 dolls,and On Thursday I changed them and it took me 3 hours to do there hair and style them.I didn't even put them in a display,because I don't have room.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member TaffyCheerful's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have 50 dolls and I try to change four of them per week, providing I have the time.

    Right now they are still sitting in boxes as I have not yet had the time to put up the shelves in the new cottage. I have been playing "care giver" for my spoose who fractured her kneecap and that is taking an awesome amount of time...

    Taffy

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    I only have three AG dolls, but I *might* have two more at Christmas, and then maybe another for my birthday in February! That's doubling the amount of dolls I've obtained in almost 5 years in 3 months! EEK [img]eek.gif[/img] ! I can't wait, though [img]tongue.gif[/img] ! I change my dolls about once a week, depending. Sometimes I change them every day in one week, sometimes once a month. It just depends.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member MareGathersDolls's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2005
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have seven AGs, but I only change them for special occassions or if I feel like it. In the quest to get all the Historical dolls, and now getting the LEs and three AGs on the list, I've only got a couple outfits for each girl. After I have the other seven on my want list, I'm going clothing shopping crazy! lol [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Starearedkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2005
    Posts
    617
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I try to have something seasonal for all of them-I have all their holiday dresses, (or a holiday dress)-That was my goal in September to get them each their own holiday dress...I have 5 dolls still on my want list though-I can't imagine if I get all of them, and have to change them all!

    I love them though-so it was worth it. I was just surprised at how time consuming it is.

    -Jordyn

  10. #10
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am at lost count now... lol! I like dressing and combing hair on the dolls, for some reason it relaxes me! [img]wink.gif[/img] But will not do it once a week, only once a month. Takes me a few days to get them all done.
    As my PS says... I'm crazy! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •